T4A slip - Box 105
You were issued a T4A with an amount in Box 105 because you received student financial assistance or a scholarship.
To report this amount, please follow the steps below:
1. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup".
2. On the screen that appears on the right, go to the "Pension" group and check the box "Pension income, other income and split pension income (T4A, T4A(OAS), T4A(P), T4A-RCA, T4RSP, T4RIF, T1032)". Then, go to the "Student" group, check the box "Tuition, education, textbooks, student loans", and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.
3. Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Pension income, T4A".
4. On the page appearing to your right, click on the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "T4A - Pension, retirement, annuity and other income".
5. On the new page generated, go to the line "Other Information (click on the triangle to see the list of choices)" located in the middle of the page. Then, from the drop-down menu, choose "(105) Scholarships, bursaries, fellowships" and enter the amount that appears on your T4A slip.
6. For Quebec residents, if the amount in Box O of the RL-1 differs from the one shown on the T4A slip, click on the "Maple Leaf" next to the corresponding federal box and a new box will be displayed where you can enter the amount for Quebec. This box will only appear if you enter the federal amount first.
If you want to enter information about your tuition and education expenses, please follow these steps:
1. Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab" and select "Tuition, education, student loans".
2. On the screen to your right, click on the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "Tuition, education and textbook amounts".
3. On the page that appears, enter the details of your educational institution and the T2202A slip. As for Quebec residents, also enter the information shown on your RL-8 slip.
4. At the bottom of the page, on the line for "Solidarity tax credit received in the taxation year (Schedule S L.10)", enter the amount in the field on your right.
The amount in excess of $ 500 will be carried over by the program to line 130 of the federal return and the amount in Box O of the RL-1 slip will be carried over to line 154 of the Quebec return, with code 01 displayed on Quebec line 153 (if applicable).
However, if you are enrolled in full-time post-secondary education, no amount will be entered on line 130 of the federal return and an amount will appear on line 295 of the Quebec return to reduce the income carried over to line 154 (if applicable).
For more information on this subject, consul the following link:
For Revenu Quebec:
ID: 20110606100409DEXX.xml AQ