NETFILE - CRA first-time filer UFile ONLINE 2013-2014
Please open your tax return and go in the section "CRA question".
"Are you filing an income return with the CRA for the very first time?" - Yes.
Step 1: Verify if you are eligible to send your tax return via NETFILE
1. Login to UFile ONLINE:
2. Look in the "Warnings" section. If you see the message "You cannot currently NetFile your federal return", review the reasons and make the required corrections, if possible.
Step 2: Submit the return to the CRA
Once you are satisfied with the results, proceed as follows:
You can send the tax return to the CRA only by using the automatic method. The manual method was removed by the CRA.
To file your return to the CRA, please follow the instructions:
1. Click on the "Tax return" tab.
2. Go to NETFILE CRA.
NOTE: If you are ineligible, please return in "Results" tab to view the error messages, and fix the errors.
3. Click the button "NETFILE CRA".
4. To proceed with NETFILE's online transmission, you must agree to the "Terms and conditions", then click Next;
5. Verify your personal information: name, SIN, date of birth;
6. If you have a middle name, enter it in the box "Middle name".
7. If your information is correct, click « File my return now ». The program will build an ".tax" file, which is a specially formatted file that contains your electronic tax return. The ".tax" suffix refers to the last part of the name of this file.
If your return meets the basic requirements, you will receive a confirmation number within minutes. This means that your tax return has been accepted for processing.
Occasionally, the ".tax" file transmitted to the CRA will be rejected due to errors. In this case, you will receive a NETFILE error code from the CRA together with a description of the problem.
In some cases, there isn't anything you can do about the error (for instance, an error will be diagnosed if you re-transmit your file after it has already been accepted). For other errors, you will need to correct your tax information under Interview and then repeat the steps to transmit the ".tax" file.